× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advice: looking for inputs to replace the R7000P for the RAX200

almm
Aspirant

Advice: looking for inputs to replace the R7000P for the RAX200

I am looking to get a new router that comes with Circle to help manage kids Internet access. I used to have the R7000P but since we migrated from Cable Internet to the Gigabit Fibe 1.5 by Bell, I noticed that the R7000P was reducing quite significantly the speed. Testing connection with speedtest.net withouth the R7000P returns close to 900Mbps, but when addting the R7000P, the speed dropped to less than 150Mbps.

I really didn't need neither used the WiFi generated by the R7000P since I have two professional AP (wired) to generate a much better, stable and strong signal. Also, the R7000P was located in the basement so terrible place to generate any WiFi signal.

What I really liked in the R7000P was just the Circle built in and also the Armor by Bitdefender. I tried the Circle Home Plus, but was quite unstable and generate a lot of issues.

So, my question is if the RAX200 will be a such improvement in terms of new technology and perhaps don't degrade the speed accessing Internet, the issue I am experiencing with R7000P.

Final note: the new Bell Gigabit Fibe 1.5 modem does not allow to be set in Bridge mode.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Advice: looking for inputs to replace the R7000P for the RAX200

the 150mbps you're getting, is that over wifi or wired? 

What speeds do you get wired? 

the R7000P should be able to hit gigabit over a wireless connection. 

Try disabling access control, qos, parental controls, and traffic monitoring and doing a reboot on the R7000P

What actual firmware is on it? 

have you went into the Bell device and put the netgear's ip address into its dmz? (since it doesn't have bridge mode)

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Advice: looking for inputs to replace the R7000P for the RAX200

sorry, went back over this and re-read it and i said it should hit gigabit over wireless. I meant over wired. My bad. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7