× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another customer with rax80 issues

Lmerza
Initiate

Another customer with rax80 issues

I just wanted to make sure netgear knows yet another customer is having issues with the rax80. All my google minis and ps4 randomly disconnect all the time. I'm trying to hold out here to hope they fix it since I paid $300 for this thing. If I'm forced to buy a new router it will be the last netgear router me or anyone I know buy.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
KPes24
Aspirant

Re: Another customer with rax80 issues

Exact problem here! I let my guard down with buying any Netgear product, and now I’m paying for it! So now, I have no technical support and an expensive router that is simply a piece of plastic on my shelf.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

A little more info is needed.

1. What modem are you using? (model #)

2. What firmware is on the RAX?

3. Is it only the google mini's and ps4? are you using smart connect? If so try disabling it. Maybe its an issue with how they respond to smart connect. 

4. Have you factory reset the RAX recently? The firmware updates they've been getting have been substantial as its a pretty new device. They've responded favorably to factory resets after significant firmware changes. 

Message 3 of 4
Lmerza
Initiate

No it's everything on the network.

Firmware Version V1.0.1.64_1.0.27

spectrum modem E31U2V1

disabled smart connect and reset after firmware upgrade.

still problems almost daily.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7