× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor subscription fee autorenewed, but the service has been shut off

Magnar
Aspirant

Armor subscription fee autorenewed, but the service has been shut off

After the first year of an Armor subscription, it auto-renewed and the fee was charged to my card.  A few days later, Windows began telling me my virus protection was out of date.  When I bring up Bitdefender, it says my subscription has expired, and there's no access to any features.

So far, Netgear support has moved me around twice, and me to reset the router.  This only resulted in the security section of the Nighthawk app being removed. 

Next they suggest resetting to factory settings.  I don't think they know how painful that is, how risky that sounds, and how unlikely that is to resolve the problem.  Since I'm working from home, I cannot afford to be down for a prolonged period.  If I have to start over, I'm wondering if I should do that with a router from a different company?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Armor subscription fee autorenewed, but the service has been shut off

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
Magnar
Aspirant

Thanks - will try there.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru