× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached devices & renaming devices?

todd1010
Apprentice

Attached devices & renaming devices?

I was having a issue with my Apple TV 4k connecting to my Apple TV+ account. It seems it would not remember or would recognize my account while in the app itself. After a long bit of trouble shooting I found out my issue. 

Most if not all of my devices are hardwired in my house and these devices are. 

My Sony tv was named (in the actual tv settings) "Bonus Room TV" and my Apple tv was named "Bonus Room TV" well after renaming the devices (in the actual devices settings), it appears to be working good not and no more issues. 

After changing the names of the devices my Netgear router has not renamed them in the routerlogin page. Is there something I'm missing? I've hit refresh, logged out and everything but it still hasn't populated the correct name. 

Do I need to change it within the routerlogin page also? Shouldn't it recognize the changes from the devices names?

Also, since this naming of devices was a issue I became curious and noticed that I have some other devices named the same and wondered if this may be contributing to issues with those devices also. 

I've got three Logitech Harmony Remote controls. Within the routerlogin page for Attached Devices those three Harmony devices are ALL named the exact same thing "HARMONYHUB" and I wonder if I should change the names of those devices but they are not a device I have access to the renaming of the device like my TV's, Apple TV's, etc. 

Should I change the name within the routerlogin page and will it help or is it necesarry to do so? These items are not devices that can be hardwired and are Wifi only devices. 

Comments or Ideas?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Attached devices & renaming devices?

Hi todd1010, 

Just curious, have you tried unplugging the ethernet cord connected to both TVs and router and plugging it back in? 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7