× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Awful Wi-Fi Speeds

gurugt705
Follower

Awful Wi-Fi Speeds

Hi Everybody,

I’ve just setup my RAX80. I have a 1-gigabit connection from my ISP. Whenever I run a speed test from the router itself I get 940 mbps, which is amazing and in very happy about.

However, the wireless performance leaves a lot to be desired. I’m testing from my iPhone XS very close to the router (connected to the 5Ghz band) and am only getting around 150mbps. I know I should expect 940, but I was expecting at least half.

I’ve updated the firmware on the router, my phone is updated, and I’ve reset my whole setup/power cycled everything.

I’m actually getting less mbps than the router I upgraded from, the Asus RT-AC56U.

Is there anything you guys would recommend to improve the wireless speed?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Michael_G19
Aspirant

I have the same issue and I am using wireless AX capable devices (Galaxy S10+) and I am only getting 180mb/s.. Even though I get 1Gb from the ISP. My old Verizon router was giving me better speeds over wifi.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gurugt705 & Michael_G19,

Have you gotten a chance to enable/disable QoS to see if there are any improvements? Furthermore, your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support which can be accessed using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7