× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BILLING - about to report as a fraudulent charge

Lslocum
Aspirant

BILLING - about to report as a fraudulent charge

I have always been a loyal Netgear purchaser - that is no longer true after this past year's experience.

It is nearly impossible to reach someone. When I initially was having problems I ultimately reached techs and they were wonderful, but it did not fix the problem. I threw out the unit last year.

Everything in support directs you back to the website.

- There is no way to turn off auto renew

- There is no way to delete a credit card unless you enter a new one

- It is impossible to reach anyone - there is no phone option is in regard to billing

- I have a confirmation email that the Armor would be cancelled as of 01-26-2022, yet my card was charged on the 27th. 

I have been sitting on hold forever and probably won't get a person.  If I do not get a satisfactory solution I am going to have no other choice than to report this charge as fraudulent to the credit card company.  I have now taken a great deal of time out of my work day.  My time is valuable too.  Netgear you have greatly disappointed what was previously a very loyal purchaser and referral source.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: BILLING - about to report as a fraudulent charge

A couple things. 

1. I'd strongly encourage you to fill it with your credit card. 

2. Try taking a look at this thread to disable the auto renewal. I don't currently have my Orbi or nighthawk running or I'd ensure thats the route to follow. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Disable-Armour-auto-renewal/m-p/2050423

3. Sadly, subscription services do need to go through support. This is the public support community where members of the public help out. we can't change anything with netgear. So do continue with support. I'll tag a mod and see if it helps 

@DarrenM @ChristineT 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7