× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BUG REPORT Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120 Router Firmware Version V1.0.0.84

nasserkhatri
Aspirant

Re: BUG REPORT Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120 Router Firmware Version V1.0.0.84

I have 7 routers in all for each room, including RAX120 kept in hall. All routers work perfectly communicating with each other automatically with channels. All setup as AP, except for RAX120. I have also noted RAX120 cuts off many features in AP mode whereas my Asus AC5400 keeps those activated.

Message 51 of 53
schumaku
Guru

Which features disabled in AP mode are you really missing?

I'm an IPv6 person, so retaining IPv6 management would be nice. Guest network feature without proper L2 and L3 isolation - read real VLAN support on the routers and in AP mode does not make much sense.
Message 52 of 53
enigma99a
Aspirant

I'm running V1.0.1.108 and performance is horrible in AP mode. Spent several hours over the last day trying to debug slow speeds. Finally did a system reset and used the app (not via routerlogin.net) to initialize. Then all my devices were hitting 6-700Mbps... iphone 11 pro max at 800Mbit+. Left it overnight to be sure it would stay there and it did so I just changed to AP mode, nothing else and speeds dropped to around 200Mbit range. Flipped it back and it stayed slow and had to do another reset to gain back the speeds.

I'm a highly technical person and would be willing to work with engineers on the root cause. Perhaps when I feel like it, I'll do some debugging in telnet

Message 53 of 53
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 52 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7