× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Boost Wi-Fi signal

NormK
Follower

Boost Wi-Fi signal

I have Wi-Fi thru my cable tv company; there is a modem; I need to host my Wi-Fi signal to my house-approx -3,500 sq feet
I bought the nighthawk router- did I purchase the right equipment; should I have bought the Orbi?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Boost Wi-Fi signal

Thats a very loaded statement.  many things influence wifi signals included housing materioals, hvac placement, other wifi signals/aka interference. My parents 3500 square ft house does fine with a single nighthawk but they live in the country, have zero interference, wood/sheetrock house with an open floor plan, and occassionally stream HD. It works fine for them. My house is smaller and has a ton of interference and I'm actually running an orbi with 2  hardwired satellites for decent bandwidth.  So it depends on your house, how you're using them, your environment, and even which devices you're access them from. 

Depending on the stores return policy that you bought the router at, you could probably try it out and speedtest it for a day. If it doesn't provide the coverage you need, return it and buy the upgrade. 

Which nighthawk did you buy since you don't list which one. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7