× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Buggy software!

SC327A
Aspirant

Buggy software!

1. Unable to change from long to short preamble in the Wireless Advanced Settings (5GHz a/n/ac/ax) range, I have tried multiple times and it continues to default to long it will not go to short only the 2.4 megahertz will do both?

2. I also have the issue when it will say unknown in the access control panel under connection type it will not tell me if the connection is wired or wireless?

lets start here and see what you can do!

SC

Win 10

Firmware Version
V1.0.1.70_1.0.30

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SC327A, 

We have recently released a new firmware version for the RAX80. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061797/RAX80-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-76

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
SC327A
Aspirant

We have updated the router and the issues still are present?, no change to the issues we have documented.

SC

Message 3 of 5
mateverywhere
Aspirant

Hi there,

I am having the same issue.

I cannot change my 5GHz signal to 'Short Preamble'. It remains locked on 'Long'. This issue does not occur for the 2.4GHz network.

Is there a setting that could be prohibiting the router from changing to Short Preamble for 5GHz?

Message 4 of 5
mateverywhere
Aspirant

I'm hitting this again in the hope that someone at Netgear may see it and respond. Since the most recent firmware updates my RA80 has been stable and fast, as I would have hoped when purchasing (good job at fixing those bugs, finally!)

...but the inability to set a Short Preamble on the 5GHz network remains

Any answers?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7