Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 WiFi Network resetting

KasarIG
Aspirant

CAX80 WiFi Network resetting

Hello, I have a CAX80 Cable Nighthawk router that we bought about a year ago.  (Hardware version: 1.01, Firmware: 2.1.1.4, Cable Firmware:1.02.08 are up-to-date)

It has worked great, solely using WiFi up until this week.

It has now twice reset the WiFi Network, which was renamed to "Broadcom" and was unsecured.  I am able to go in and reset the settings, but I have no idea why it is doing this.  Has anyone else experienced issues like this and have any ideas what is going on?  There have not been any power outages.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: CAX80 WiFi Network resetting

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs?

I've seen ISP's trigger a new firmware install/reset process. 

Message 2 of 7
KasarIG
Aspirant

@plemans I just found where the event log is, but it only goes back 6 hours or so to this morning... If this happens again I'll grab the info from it.  I've included a screenshot of the cable connections page.  Everything past Channel 6 is "Not locked" showing the same information,

CableConnections.png

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

photos have to be approved by a moderator. you can click on choose file and add it th at way

Message 4 of 7
KasarIG
Aspirant

Alright, as a file!

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

You should save a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

the file you sent only shows 1 downstream locked or even visible. 

Might be worth opening a support case with since usually if they're not locked, they still show up. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7