× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1150V & AX8 internet connection issues

Slipknotter
Follower

CM1150V & AX8 internet connection issues

Ok here it goes. I have been dealing with computer hardware for the better part of 20 years now and I have never had this issue before. First off I recently received my CM1150V (8-29-2019) I activated it with Xfinity and everything was fine. I replaced the rental from Comcast to save a few bucks. The rest of my setup was not changed at this point ( new cm1150v - Asus RT‑AC3200- Netgear 24 point gig switch ) everything working fine. Then yesterday I received my nighthawk AX8 and replaced my Asus with it other than that everything is the same. For the life of me I can't get the app via my phone or an Ethernet connection via the Netgear switch to work with the AX8. I even tried bypassing the switch did not work. When using the app through the phone it sometimes sees both wifi signals (Netgear 25 & Netgear 25-5G) but it has no internet I can't log in and set up anything. When hooked up via Ethernet the web browser showed the Netgear genie but going through that process results in the same thing no internet connection detected. I did try manual and I was able to log into the router and change password and wifi ECT but there was still no internet connection I spent well over 5 hours yesterday trying to figure out WTF is going on but in the end I had to remove the AX8 and reinstall the Asus RT3200 again . Does anyone have any ideas or better yet a solution. I even broke down and contacted support through chat and was told when they found out I was using the AX8 that it was above there level of experience and tech support would contact me in 24-48 hours what on Earth does that mean what's above there experience about an internet router from an internet router manufacturer ? If I can't get this figured out in 24-48 hours it will be back at Amazon LoL and there will be no need for tech support . Any help with this would be appreciated thank you ---Slipknotter
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1150V & AX8 internet connection issues

I recommend you post about this over in the RAX router forums.

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Slipknottter, 

Please send me a message with your contact info and serial number. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further investigation. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 6
Imhubes
Aspirant

I am having connectivity issues as well. I understand that the CM150v is a modem only. My issue is that I have the modem in my basement and I have the router in the center of the house. I also have a desktop next to the modem. I have internet to one at a time.. either the computer next to the modem or the wi fi router. In an effort to have the desktop connected at the same time, I purchased an Aumox unmanaged switch thinking this would solve my issues. I have the modem hardwired to the switch and the switch branches to the wifi router and the desktop. I still can only get one working at a time. I would just connect from the router but that is not near the modem at all and I don't want to run another ethernet cable. What am I doing wrong? Why is this not working for me? Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 6
blount8
Aspirant

Initial setup does not work.  The mobile app doesn't connect to the router at all

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
GabboCH
Apprentice

I had the same problem using the Nighthawk App for setup when changing the SSID.

The router reboots with the new SSID but the app isnt able to control the andoid device to connect to the new Wifi network.

There was no message or indication in the Nighthawk app that I need to reconnect or change Wifi networks.

It was made worse because I didnt remove my old network & so the phone kept reconnecting to the old network everytime the connection to the RAX was lost when it saved the settings.

In the end, I connected to the router with a laptop & ethernet connection to complete the setup.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7