× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 Cable Modem Loses Connection to AX12 Nighthawk Router Randomly

Windbreaker1976
Aspirant

CM700 Cable Modem Loses Connection to AX12 Nighthawk Router Randomly

Hello,

The subject pretty much says it all. Every so often, sometimes a couple of times a day, sometimes a couple of times a week, my cable modem and router stop talking to each other. The ethernet light on the modem goes dark and all devices connected to my router either wired or wireless lose access to the internet. Sometimes the first reboot fixes it. Sometimes the second reboot fixes it. Seems pretty random. I'm replacing the network cable today to see if that's the issue as it's the lowest cost denominator but any other suggestions? Anyone else experienced a similar issue they found a solution to?

Thanks!

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM700 Cable Modem Loses Connection to AX12 Nighthawk Router Randomly

Does a wired PC directly to the modem do the same thing? 

Swap out the LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a full reset on the modem and router been performed and setup from scratch? 

Message 2 of 3
Windbreaker1976
Aspirant

Re: CM700 Cable Modem Loses Connection to AX12 Nighthawk Router Randomly

With respect to PC connected directly to modem it's hard to figure that out as we have so many computers and devices running off that router and I can go days without it happening. I have the new cable so the next time it happens I'm going to swap out the cables and see if that fixes it rather than a couple of reboots of the modem. I know I've reset the router a few times but not sure about the modem. Probably not the modem, however.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7