× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I Remove or Extend Time of Router Log Out

rkruz
Apprentice

Can I Remove or Extend Time of Router Log Out

RAX43, Windows 10, Firefox

When I access the router via Firefox it times out within in couple minutes.  Totaly annoying having to log back in each time when Im using it, researching them come back to have to log in again.

Can I remove the router log out or extend the time?.

Thank you

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

No, no such option. It's hardcoded into the firmware

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NightHawk (WiFi6 RAX and RAXE Series) router products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5
Razor512
Prodigy

Currently there is no option in their newer routers. This happned after they moved to the netgear genie style UI as compared to their older ones where you could specify the timeout in minutes to an extent where you can have a login session last for days.

I wish they would bring that option back.

Message 4 of 5
rkruz
Apprentice

I agree.  Its totally annoying as it times out all the time when Im in the middle of working issues and then I have to log back in.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7