× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I use AX1800 as satellites for the XR1000

Da3000gt4me
Aspirant

Can I use AX1800 as satellites for the XR1000

I’m thinking about buying a XR1000 router for gaming, but I don’t need the EAX80’s for the rest of my house. Is it possible to use the AX1800 system as the satellites for the MESH-6?
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can I use AX1800 as satellites for the XR1000

You can put the MK62/63 sytstem in access point mode. That'd let the XR1000 manage all the routing with the MK63 system handling the wireless. The XR1000 won't work as part of the wireless mesh though. Just something to keep in mind.

and if you hardwire in the MK62 system, it'll function quite well. I wouldn't go with the mk62 if you plan on using its wireless backhaul. Being dual band leaves much to be desired in terms of performance. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

If you mean via a WiFi setup extension I would think no but as an Access point yes.

Duma does not work well with devices behind an extender unless it's running as an access point which will show all connections as wired on the Duma dash.

Message 2 of 8
Da3000gt4me
Aspirant

So I can’t manage the devices connected to the AX1800’s if I use them as WAP’s?
Message 3 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Duma was designed to control devices connected directly to the router, it does work with Access Point but sometimes it's not great ie a tad buggy but in wireless you have the wireless devices as well and it just gets messy. 

Message 4 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

When I say wireless devices that includes the WAP. It's not meant for that sadly

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Da3000gt4me wrote:
I’m thinking about buying a XR1000 router for gaming, but I don’t need the EAX80’s for the rest of my house. Is it possible to use the AX1800 system as the satellites for the MESH-6?

Not to barge in on this but you put you have the EAX80's but are asking if its possible to use the AX1800 as satellites for mesh-6. 

1. AX1800 is a speed, not a model. 

2. the EAX80 is a AX6000 device so you must not be referring to that. 

3. Mesh-6 doesn't refer to any of netgears models. Maybe its your ssid? 

So what actual model numbers and setups are you referring to here? 
Just wanting a little clarity in what devices you have and what you're plans are

Message 6 of 8
Da3000gt4me
Aspirant

For the AX1800, I was referring to the MK62. The the XR1000, that one is self explanatory. I done have the EAX80’s, I’m hoping to avoid the cost of having to get three of them for my 4600 sq ft home, by just getting the XR1000 and connecting a few mesh nodes of lesser cost to it which will serve as the rest of the house streaming. I really just care about my gaming consoles having priority for internet. So if I did a XR1000, and everything was wired to that directly, then I could run a MK62/63 off of that. My question is can I integrate the MK62/3 to be part of the same managed set of devices off my XR1000, or do I need to “manage” that separately? Looking to keep it clean and simple but reduce my costs if possible.
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

You can put the MK62/63 sytstem in access point mode. That'd let the XR1000 manage all the routing with the MK63 system handling the wireless. The XR1000 won't work as part of the wireless mesh though. Just something to keep in mind.

and if you hardwire in the MK62 system, it'll function quite well. I wouldn't go with the mk62 if you plan on using its wireless backhaul. Being dual band leaves much to be desired in terms of performance. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7