× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access admin settings on router from Mac

Baltharon
Follower

Can't access admin settings on router from Mac

I can get into my my router admin page using my iphone (either with the Nighthawk app or via 192.168.1.1 in iOS safari). But when I try to do the same thing from my Macbook it says it can't connect to the server. The Mac is connecting to the network and it gets a ping back from the server address, just can't open the web page. I have tried both 192.168.1.1 and also routerlogin.net 

Connecting via iOS safari on my phone is not really a viable option as the screen is not readable.

I am connected via wifi from both machines (no network port so wifi is the only option), and I can't connect via wired as the only PC in the house with a network port can't get onto the network at all (it says it is connected but just tells me to reset the router - which I have done over and over again).

The router is brand new and apart from changing the SSID / passwords and turning on smartconnect I have made no changes to the settings.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Can't access admin settings on router from Mac

@Baltharon wrote:

But when I try to do the same thing from my Macbook it says it can't connect to the server. 

Which browser? Can you try an alternative?

@Baltharon wrote:

....I can't connect via wired as the only PC in the house with a network port can't get onto the network at all (it says it is connected but just tells me to reset the router - which I have done over and over again).

This suggests something else is going on. Fixing that might rescue you.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7