× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access large folders on my hdd connected to my RAX40.

EncoreBlade
Follower

Can't access large folders on my hdd connected to my RAX40.

Firmware Version V1.0.3.80_1.0.1

Hello.  I've got a problem with accessing large folders on my storage attached to the router.  Everytime I want to access large folders, usually folders that contain all my pictures and videos, it freezes up my Finder (file browser) and sometimes the computer and forces me to do a forced shutdown (physically holding down the power until it turns off, as restarting it via the OS does nothing).  

The weird part is this only happens on my Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina (10.15.6).  I did not have this problem while I was in macOS High Sierra (10.13).  I updated from High Sierra to Catalina so I don't know if this problem occurs on macOS Mojave (10.14).  I also do not have a problem accessing these large folders using my Windows PC.  On my Windows PC, it opens up the folder normally and I can access the photos and videos on there no problem.

So I'm not sure if this is a problem I need to take up with Netgear or Apple.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access large folders on my hdd connected to my RAX40.

Hello EncoreBlade, 

I would recommend contacting Apple regarding your issue. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7