× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't believe that the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 does not have VPN client capability

tjamieg
Tutor

Can't believe that the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 does not have VPN client capability

Hi,

I recently purchased a Nighthawk RAX200 wi-fi router. One of the first things I wanted to try were it's VPN capabilites (with Mullvad in particular), but I was quite disappointed to learn that this router's VPN capabilities are limited to hosting a VPN server, as opposed to acting as a client for devices on my home network.

I really thought this feature would have been included what with it being Netgear's flagship Nighthawk.

Has anybody found a solution or a workaround for it yet? Or is there any scope for this feature to be addded in a future update?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 6
tjamieg
Tutor

Re: Can't believe that the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 does not have VPN client capability

I just gave Kudos to Avtella's "idea" on the idea exchange dashboard here (in the hope that Netgear will take note and do something about it!)

If anyone else is remotely interested in allowing the use of third party VPN clients on Nighthawk routers, I suggest you do the same.

Message 2 of 6
Federico1987
Tutor

Rif.: Can't believe that the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 does not have VPN client capability

Just disappointed for this.
Bought a week ago rax200 only found out after receiving that vpn client is not there!
I had ax12 rax120 and was there. Hope they risolve this on the next firmware update.
Message 3 of 6
tjamieg
Tutor

Rif.: Can't believe that the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 does not have VPN client capability

Same here!

I've been tempted to buy a different router and then just use the Nighthawk in Access Point mode, but I feel like I shouldn't have to.

Message 4 of 6
Federico1987
Tutor

hanged up now with the support, they will let me know in 24-48 hours whether this feature will be made on next firmware update or not, either way I do have one more week to deceide whether to keep it or not. finger crossed. I do love this model, for what we have paid... they should fix this problem as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 6
tjamieg
Tutor

Ok cool, let us know the outcome either way please

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7