× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't contact Netgear Support (RAX75)

McCown
Aspirant

Can't contact Netgear Support (RAX75)

I tried to open a support ticket, but that has a problem.  Despite registering the new product yesterday (7/31/19), it says "Your complimentary 90 days technical support expired on 2019-10-29.", which is 90 days into the future!  Any ideas on how to contact support?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't contact Netgear Support (RAX75)

Hi McCown,

I can assist with support reaching out to you! Please send me a message with your contact info and the issue(s) you're experiencing. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 8
McCown
Aspirant

Did you receive my message?  I am looking for the Netgear support number for my new router.

Message 3 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi McCown - I have responded to your message. Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

~Christian 

Message 4 of 8
LosGatos17960
Aspirant

I updated my router to the latest firmware and it broke the ability to do Firewire backups.   I tried to contact support but it won't let me contact support directly because it says my support expired two months from now.

How can I get someone to help me?

Thanks,

Dan

Contact NETGEAR Support

Thanks! We’re ready to help you with this product:

Product Model:R9000
Serial Number:5D738A5200C1C
Purchase Date:2019-07-01 00:17:50

I cannot find an answer to my problem, I would like to contact NETGEAR support.

Based on your serial number and purchase date, NETGEAR can offer you the following support options:

Complimentary

Your complimentary 90 days technical support expired on 2019-09-29.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 8

@LosGatos17960 wrote:

I updated my router to the latest firmware and it broke the ability to do Firewire backups.   I tried to contact support but it won't let me contact support directly because it says my support expired two months from now.

How can I get someone to help me?

Until someone steps in from Netgear, your best bet for immediate help is to start your own discussion here.

It could even be quicker than the official channels.

Message 6 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi LosGatos17960 - Thanks for your post. Please send me a message with your contact info and serial number and I'll have our support team reach out to you.

~Christian 

Message 7 of 8
LosGatos17960
Aspirant

Hi Christian_R

Can you please have someone contact me:

Please have them review my comments on this post when I upgraded to the latest firmware:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R9000-Firmware-V1-0-4-34/m-p/1784870#M135839

Please let them know I am very technical when it comes to networking equipment so I am happy to help debug this problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7