× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't download VPN configuration files- RAX80

dmystic1
Apprentice

Can't download VPN configuration files- RAX80

I guess this is a problem with firmware on other models, just saying it's a problem with the latest router with the latest firmware!

Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you provide some more detail on what happens?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
dmystic1
Apprentice

When you click to download configuration files, I am prompted to enter a user name and password.  Nothing I have tried works, then I am prompted to reset the password.

Message 3 of 8
skapernicus
Tutor

I too cannot download the VPN configuration files and have the same issue with the passsword prompt endless loop. Is there a way to extract the windows.zip file from a debug file from the router? I am on the latest firmware and just purchased this router...very annoying. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi skapernicus - Would you mind confirming the firmware version the router is currently on. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 8
skapernicus
Tutor

Firmware Version V1.0.1.58_1.0.24

*Update* - I contacted Netgear support and they weren't able to assist me much with the matter via online chat support. The issue was escalated and they called me back to explain that the OpenVPN configuration files can NOT be downloaded via the remote mgmt interface. "https://<your.ip>:8443". The configuration files must be downloaded only when the mgmt UI is accessed from the LAN. (192.168.1.1)

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@skapernicus wrote:

*Update* - I contacted Netgear support and they weren't able to assist me much with the matter via online chat support. The issue was escalated and they called me back to explain that the OpenVPN configuration files can NOT be downloaded via the remote mgmt interface. "https://<your.ip>:8443". The configuration files must be downloaded only when the mgmt UI is accessed from the LAN. (192.168.1.1)

This is clealry a bug, it was no problem downloading the VPN configs on earlier Netgear Nighthawk routers also using the WAN/Internet remote access. @Christian_R can you push this to be fixed please?

Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @skapernicus & @schumaku

I have reported the issue to engineering and they will be looking into it. 

~Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7