× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't see network on one PC

yegloats
Aspirant

Can't see network on one PC

This past week I switched from a Netgear R8000 to the new RAX200. When setting up the new router it gave me the option to keep my previous SSID and password. I did that and had success completing the setup. I have over 20 devices on my network. One PC running Windows 10 did not connect to the network even though it was previously setup. I looked for the network and the PC couldn't see it. I tried establishing a hidden network but that didn't work either. I haven't seen any setting that will hide the network from a single PC. What can I do to get that PC to see the network?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

@yegloats wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "This is an AX router". I'll guess that it means that I can set the router to combine the three channels so that it looks like one and the router decides which channel to use for the connection. I did turn that function off and did not have any change in what the PC identified as available networks. I don't have any new devices that have AX (WiFi6) capability. I do have another Windows laptop that connected with no problem.

>>> go to BASIC--> wireless page and uncheck "enable AX ..."

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I guess I'm a little confused.

Your pc can't see the wireless network?

Or its connected to the network (aka internet working) but can't see other devices on the network?

How are you connecting to it? wireless/wired and what specific adapter is it

Message 2 of 8
myersw
Master

This is an AX router. Some devices, especially PC's do not like AX for some reason and will not connect. Try turning AX off and see. Then you can decide if AX is even needed. Any AX clients? 

Message 3 of 8
yegloats
Aspirant

The PC can't see the wireless network. It sees our neighbors networks butr not ours. Not sure about the adapter. It is an Asus laptop. that previously connected to the network when I used the previous router.

Message 4 of 8
yegloats
Aspirant

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "This is an AX router". I'll guess that it means that I can set the router to combine the three channels so that it looks like one and the router decides which channel to use for the connection. I did turn that function off and did not have any change in what the PC identified as available networks. I don't have any new devices that have AX (WiFi6) capability. I do have another Windows laptop that connected with no problem.

Message 5 of 8
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

@yegloats wrote:

>>> go to BASIC--> wireless page and uncheck "enable AX ..."

Message 6 of 8
yegloats
Aspirant

That worked. Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
GabboCH
Apprentice

Take a look at this knowledge base article:
https://kb.netgear.com/000060384/My-Windows-device-is-not-detecting-my-AX-router-s-wireless-network-...

I would guess that your laptop has an intel Wifi adapter & is using the default windows drivers.

I had to update most of my PCs at home to use the latest official intel drivers for the wifi adapter instead of the generic microsoft ones.

After this I had no problems connecting to the router even with AX enabled.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7