× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can we please get access to the RAXE500 BETA firmware coming after 1.0.10.86?

Mitcher
Guide

Can we please get access to the RAXE500 BETA firmware coming after 1.0.10.86?

I have two of these routers. One in my home which powers two full-time remote workers (as well as two kids and all of their devices) and another in my AirBNB rental. At home, I also subscribe to both Parental Controls and Armor.  I was hoping to get the latest BETA made available here on the forums. Not only will that give me a chance to fully vet it before it goes live, but there are other users of this forum who have provided valuable feedback when previous BETA versions were made available. I believe it leads to a more stable release.  I really want to see the latest version as I am having all sorts of issues with the parental controls basically not working on 1.0.10.86 and want to see if we can get it resolved in the next release.  Currently, I cannot add any devices to my kids' profiles (despite being on the same network) as it doesn't pull in any available devices (despite there being dozens of should-be options).  I reset the router and did a fresh configuration with no luck.

I am also having a bug where my speed on the 5gz band resets to 2400 Mbps after a day or two even after updating it to 4800 Mbps and saving it.  I also cannot edit my DNS under "Internet", even after changing it to "Use these DNS servers".  The addresses continue to stay gray and cannot be changed.

Thanks,

Mitch

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can we please get access to the RAXE500 BETA firmware coming after 1.0.10.86?

v.86 is the most current version of FW and there is no beta version that we are aware of. 

If you subscript to SPC and Armor, then DNS is preset by these features and can not be changed unless you disable them. 

Are you using manual channels? What channels are you using? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 7
Mitcher
Guide

Re: Can we please get access to the RAXE500 BETA firmware coming after 1.0.10.86?

Thanks for the response. I did not know about SPC and Armor "locking" the DNS preset. That makes sense though.

At Home:

I am using channel 04 for the 2.4 network.

I am using channel 100 for the 5.0 network.

I am using channel 133 (psc) for the 6Ghz network.

All 3 have been set manually to the lowest congested channels based on a network app I run. The 5.0 network resets to "Up to 2400 Mpbs" after a day or two.  I set it to "up to 4800" and hit save.  I log out and back in and it is still there.  I restart my router and it is still there.  I check the following day and it is back to 2400. The same goes for my AirBNB router.

I have a few wi-fi neighbors but not many. My phone picks up two additional networks, both at low strength, at home. No neighbors for the Airbnb location.

My modem at home is the Netgear CM2000.  The modem at my Airbnb is the Netgear CM1100.

Both my home router and Airbnb router are on the latest firmware: Firmware Version V1.0.10.86_2.0.40

Thanks,

Mitch

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I did a factory reset on mine to check this and configured the following:

WirelessSetup.png2Dot4GhzSettings.png5GhzSettings.png6GhzSettings.png

Used MS Edge. 4800 appeared to be default testing after the reset. I only enabled SC, OFDMA and changed the channels to what is seen here and applied the change. 

Message 4 of 7
Mitcher
Guide

Now let's wait a day or two and have you log back in and see if it is still 4800 or not.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

No change in wireless speed settings seen in my posts above after 2 days:

Untitled.png

Message 6 of 7
Mitcher
Guide

Same here! After changing my channel to match yours (44) and then changing my speed to 4800, there has been no automatic change back down in speed.  This is the longest I have seen it stay at 4800.  I am going to cross my fingers and hope that solved the issue! Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7