× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot shut off Armor

DanBus
Tutor

Cannot shut off Armor

I just got a Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream WiFi router. While setting it up, it took it upon itself to set up Armor. I have tried to take Armor off with no success. I even reset the router to factory settings, and it reinstalled Armor automatically. I have used the Nighthawk app (v.2.11.5.1716), and go to home, settings, secutiry, and tried to toggle off the "Enable NETGEAR Armor" slide. It says "Please Wait..." spins for while, then back to the screen showing the toggle still in the on position. I don't see a similar setting in the browser management (192.168.1.1).

Suggestions? I am really frustrated with how long this has taken me to disable a setting I didn't want in the first place.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
robatl
Star

If you have the netgear on your mobile device, uninstall it. the Armor I have found is linked to the mobile app. If you must have the mobile app do not enable Armor after the reinstall. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
robatl
Star

If you have the netgear on your mobile device, uninstall it. the Armor I have found is linked to the mobile app. If you must have the mobile app do not enable Armor after the reinstall. 

Message 2 of 4
DanBus
Tutor

I agree that the Netgear app seems buggy (needs repeated attempts at several of the steps to login, accept options, etc). After removing app, Armor still appears enabled in the router settings. Also, removing the app and reinstalled it 2 different times. Armor is activated by default.

I guess I can try once again to hard reset the router and set it up completely manually and see what happens?

Netgear ows me more than an hour's worth of time... ridicuous

Message 3 of 4
DanBus
Tutor

@robatl 

Thank you for the good advice. I deleted the app from my phone, and then did a factory reset of the router. I set up the router manually using http://192.168.1.1 Under A Security status in now says "not activated".  I shall now keep the app off of my phone.

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7