× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Chromecast and Mesh problem AX1800 MK63

Sanjith92
Star

Chromecast and Mesh problem AX1800 MK63

Need support for Chromecast not working with Mesh setup AX1800 MK63 . 

If my phone and chromecast are connected to same satellite , Cast will not work . It only works if my phone is connected to the main router .  The casting device shows up in the list , but phone wont connect to casting device unless phone is first moved to main router which defeats the purpose of Mesh . 

I have so far tried unchecking  'Disable IGMP proxying ' [ Advaned --> Setup--> WAN setup ] and selected RIP_1 [ Advanced --> setup --> LAN setup] .

none of this works . Any other suggestion greatly welcome . 

I know this is a known issue and so far no solution is provided by Netgear .  how can this be submitted as Bug with netgear ?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Sanjith92
Star

Re: Chromecast and Mesh problem AX1800 MK63

The recent firmware v1.1.6.122 fixed this issue

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will escalate this issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
AlexHFleron
Aspirant

Have the same problem. It is a real pain. Please find a solution or at least a work-around soon. Feel like I bought a product that do not really work.
Message 3 of 7
Sanjith92
Star

Still no luck with the support ticket .

Another interesting thing i found is that devices connected to sattelite are not able to ping each other , but it can ping devices connected to router and all the devices connected to router can ping all other devices whether connected to router or to sattelite . 

So basically the sattelite is acting like an expensive wifi extender that breaks the basic network function.

Netgear should not sell network products if it cannot provide basic layer2 networking . 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system
Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
Sanjith92
Star

The recent firmware v1.1.6.122 fixed this issue
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7