× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatible Wifi extender

DBAM68
Aspirant

Compatible Wifi extender

I have my router located on level 1 of my house, great coverage generally. Three areas that are intermittant are the ground floor rear of the house and rear garden patio and a Level 1, front of house bedroom. I am looking to add two extenders, one to the rear extension that would cover the rear of house and garden patio and a second to the Front bedroom. Both extenders can be wired back to the AX12 via Cat6a, if necessary. 

I have utilised all the ports in the AX12 so looking to purchase a mini switch/ hub to provide more ports for the two extenders, and furture proofing. A member on a previous post suggested Tri-band extenders over Dual band, is this the best option and can anyone suggest the best suitable products?

Thank you,

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Compatible Wifi extender

those devices can be hardwired in and ran as an access point. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you're hardwiring in, you can use either single/dual band as well. We usually recommend triband when they're going to be connected over the wireless backhaul.  Tribands prevent the 50% throughput loss that single/dual band extenders have when connected back the router via wireless. 

But you can always go triband if you have enough devices you want them seperated out. 

Message 2 of 4
DBAM68
Aspirant

Appreciate your reply.

The two Tri-band products available, EX8000-100EUS and EX7700-100UKS extenders utilising existng WiFi. Where i propose to install these two units, there is minimum connectivity to existing WiFi (1-2 bars). Is this sufficient for these two units?

Alternatively, I could utilised the EAX800-100EUS providing additional ethernet ports. This is a Dual Band unit over Wireless, but is it possible to uplink via Cat6a?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

those devices can be hardwired in and ran as an access point. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7