× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection loss with Xbox party

200DF7
Aspirant

Connection loss with Xbox party

This router has spent more time in the box than in use. I have done an absurd amount of reading this forum for answers to no avail.

The problem: I have 4 xbox's and everytime my son connects to his friends in a party, it blows out my internet for 30 seconds. This happens no matter the connection type (wifi or hardwire). I have swapped out xbox's and tested multiple times with the same result. It only happens with his profile and his friends.. HOWEVER, if I reconnect my Nighthawk X6 8000- I have zero issue with the exception of slowwww wifi connection.

I am at a complete loss here. I have port forwarded, triggered, downgrade firmware, upgrade firmware, QOS on/off, dynamic dns, the list goes on.

For the amount of money and time I have spent on this... Its not worth it.

Any and all ideas welcome.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Connection loss with Xbox party

A community search on Xbox might help. These things are a cause of constant complaints.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox party

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 4
200DF7
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply, I have combed through those communities heavily. 

The Router:

Firmware Version V1.0.1.64_1.0.27

The Modem: CM1000

Firmware Version V5.01.04

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4

@200DF7 wrote:

The Modem: CM1000

Firmware Version V5.01.04

That's good. Modem only. It rules out the possibility of clashing routers.

There nothing that you can do about its firmware.

@200DF7 wrote:

The Router:

Firmware Version V1.0.1.64_1.0.27

That's the latest, but that may not be the best idea. These RAX boxes aren't loved by everyone. Some people have had better luck with older firmware. But that wasn't related to the same issue that you flagged up.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7