× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connections issues with Nighthawk RAX 120

Coppola
Aspirant

Connections issues with Nighthawk RAX 120

Hello,

I'm creating this topic because i have some connections issues with my Wifi router Nighthawk RAX120 since I moved out to my new home in France.

So my router is connected via an ethernet cable to my modem. I made a factory reset to do a nice new configuration.

Everything goes fine until the end of the setup of the router on my nighthawk app.

The setup is done and the status of the internet connections is set to online on the app.

But like 5 minutes later, when I open the app, the status changes and goes to offline. Even if I didn't touched or didn't do anything with the settings of the router, the internet connections just goes offline after being online for only a couple of minutes.

What is strange is that I still have internet access on my computer, i can browse the web, play games, but I have issues with some websites. There is clearly a problem because some websites give me an error and some not. I have also issues with the Battle.net launcher from Blizzard but I can play all the other online games that are installed on my pc. And it's not a problem of servers, I asked and none of the websites or games that don't work are down so it's clearly a problem that occures only to me.

It's even more weird because when i'm connected on the network of my router with my phone I can go on the websites that give me an error on my computer.

I'm connected through a CPL sector.

However, I used the same setup in my old house in Belgium and I never had a bad experience with the SAME router.

Maybe you can help me, because it's strange that it worked before and now, with the same setup and configuration, I struggle to get a proper online status on the nighthawk app...

I also checked the firmware updates and the app says I have the latest version.

Thanks,

Arne Crauwels.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
Coppola
Aspirant

Re: Connections issues with Nighthawk RAX 120

Sorry i've put RAX200 in the model section of the router but it's a RAX120 like said in the title of the topic.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Connections issues with Nighthawk RAX 120

What gateway model (modem) are you using?

Firmare on the router? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7