× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connections to RAX200 - best practices

MWW
Follower
Follower

Connections to RAX200 - best practices

I have the CM1150v cable modem and the AX11000 router.  Also an AX Mesh type Range Extender but that's another topic.

I have a NAS server which supports link agregation.  Certainly my modem does as well.  I also have the a NetGear 24-port switch.

So, how do I arrange all this?  I can't even figure out how to connect the router to the cable modem using multi-gig or the 2.5 gig.  The quick start guide is worthless.

Do I plug my NAS server into the router using link-agregation, or into the switch using link-agregation?  Do I connect the switch to the router using link-agregation?  It's the JGS-524.

So, certainly CM1150v --> RAX200 (AX11000) --> JGS-524.  But where to plug in the NAS server?  And can I get ALL of these to support speeds faster than 1Gig?

I would also like to hard-wire the AX range extender to free up WiFi band-width, but don't think that's an option.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7