× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connectivity issues from WiFi 6 router to Sonos and printer in network

Mr_Magenta
Initiate

Connectivity issues from WiFi 6 router to Sonos and printer in network

I got the new AX1800 WiFi 6 router (RAX10 - not selectable from the drop down menu) and am using it as an access point (with the standard configuration).

Internet connectivity runs fine, but unfortunately I am not able to reach my Sonos (via Ethernet) or printer (connected to my Mac) anymore. Both are reachable via my other (old) D-Link access point, but not via the new WiFi 6 router.

My D-Link access point and RAX10 are connected to a new Netgear S350 series Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro switch (also running standard configuration).

I read in this community that there have been issues previously, but hope that Netgear has overcome them with the new product (as network printing and Sonos are not really special use cases).

Hopefully I am just using a wrong configuration.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

Are you able to check the IP range of clients behing the RAX10? This is to make sure that it didn't have any issues going into its AP mode where it becomes transparent to the devices connected to it.

Message 2 of 3
Mr_Magenta
Initiate

Thanks for your reply (and sorry for the delay - has been quite a week).

I checked the IP range and it indeed looks like this could be the issue.

The clients behind the RAX10 are in the IP range 192.168.1.x (seen from the RAX10), while my router (which is supposed to be the DHCP server) is set to 192.168.2.x (and all clients mentioned above also have a 192.168.2.x address).

I guess the RAX10 runs in the wrong mode and I need to change it via the web interface (the nighthawk app does not allow to change it).

My network setup is as follows:

clients >> RAX 10 >> Netgear Switch >> Router

clients >> D-Link Routher >> Netgear Switch (same as above) >> Router (same as above)

clients (incl. Sonos & printer) >> Netgear Switch (same as above) >> Router (same as above)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7