× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connectivity

Rozario
Guide

Connectivity

I am planning to buy a RAX200 router. Will I be able to connect it to my extender X6S? I have a smart home with >50 devices including switches etc. so need to upgrade.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Chichizola
Star

Change brands. Netgear is a lost cause. I have had three versions of them throughout the years, I won't buy them again. Its "third stike, you are out" for me.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what extender are you wanting to connect to the RAX200?

x6s isn't a model number. (the label will have the model number on it)

I've connected several extenders to my rax200 without issues

Message 2 of 11
Rozario
Guide

Nighthawk X6S 

AC 3000 Tre-Band WiFi Range Extender EX8000

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

I've used the ex8000 with the rax200. works well. 

Message 4 of 11
Rozario
Guide

Thanks for that valuable info. One more doubt

i have about 55 devices connected to my WiFi which include around 35 switches, TV, 2 x fire sticks, iPhones x 6, iPad, Apple TV etc. which router would be sufficient to handle the load, RAX200 or AX8 (AX6600). There is a difference in cost by about $ 250.

thanks

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

going between the RAX200 and the RAX70 is a bit of a step in performance. 

I'd even throw the RBK752 into that mix for consideration. It won't have the same peak speed as either of the 2 but is an expandable mesh system so will have a bit better over all coverage than either of those devices by themselves. 

I usually advise people that if they don't know what will work better in their situation is to buy it from a location/site with a generous return policy. Then you can try one out and see if it meets your needs. If it doesn't, then upgrade. 

Message 6 of 11
Rozario
Guide

i went to Amazon site and was about to buy the RAX200 but there were several negative comments there w.r.t firmware and having to reboot on a daily basis. have these issues been taken care of ? As I live in a country where the item cannot be returned I have to be very sure of what I am buying. In our country the after sales service of Netgear is pretty bad as I had experienced this with my X6S R8000 router which I have had to condem as it had an issue with loss of connectivity.

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

You're caught in a catch-22. 

there will be posts on every router related to firmware. 

And there will be negative posts on all of them about something not working right. 

I've had one since release and its been rock solid. But there have been people with issues. 

So you have to compare the people who have issues to the postitives with any device you look at. 

Message 8 of 11
Chichizola
Star

Change brands. Netgear is a lost cause. I have had three versions of them throughout the years, I won't buy them again. Its "third stike, you are out" for me.

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

I'd agree with the 3x strikes your out. I've used netgear and several other companies because I play with routers alot. And I've found issues with every manufacturer. Its the problem of manufacturing at large scales. 

So again, read the reviews to see the positives to the negatives. they'll always be negatives with them all. So basically check your ratio's 

Message 10 of 11
Rozario
Guide

Thanks everyone for your valuable information. I have had a problem with 2 of my Netgear products and after sales service is no existant in my country - so I'm going with some other manufacturer this time

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7