× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constantly Lagging Out Of NBA 2K20 (Xbox)

n0ah
Follower

Constantly Lagging Out Of NBA 2K20 (Xbox)

Hi there, so I recently purchased NBA 2K20 and whenever I try playing any online game I get a notification mid-game that says “attempting to re-establish connection” and then I get kicked from the game. Even though I get kicked from the game I’m still connected to Xbox online servers and the party I’m in so I know it’s not a connection issue in general. I’ve seen one or two other online threads stating that the Nighthawk routers are the issue (I have R6350 Nighthawk AC1750) so I’m just wondering if there’s any solution to this problem? I’ve tried enabling IPv6 and opened my NAT but still no resolve. Thank you in advance for any help with this issue!
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Daonte50
Aspirant

Re: Constantly Lagging Out Of NBA 2K20 (PS4)

Knew i wasn’t the only one bro... NightHawk AX4 is my model nd i play PS4 if anybody can help with this issue
Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Constantly Lagging Out Of NBA 2K20 (PS4)

Hi Daonte50, 

May you revert to the previous firmware version and let us know if your issue persists. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061392/RAX40-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-64

Christian 

Message 3 of 6
Dbrage24
Aspirant

Message 4 of 6
Dbrage24
Aspirant

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue on 2k21. Just wondering if you guys figured out what setting/protocol is causing the problem.
Message 5 of 6
bm22
Aspirant

I'm getting disconnected every time I play online despite having 1GB internet. I don't lose connection to internet just error messages. Worked find on previously routers and only happens on 2k21.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7