× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Correct Networks broadcast but Router page only shows Netgear wireless networks

wpc09
Aspirant

Correct Networks broadcast but Router page only shows Netgear wireless networks

Had to reset my Nighthawk RAX40. I went into router page and changed the wireless networks 2.4 and 5G to the settings used in my household, including guest networks. The guest networks show up correctly in the router page. However the main wireless networks continue to show as NETGEAR and NETGEAR-5G with their default passwords. I have tried to rename and change the password several times. The router page continues to show the defaults. However, the router is clearly broadcasting and using the passwords for my wireless networks and not the default ones.

Why is the router page continuing to show the defaults, not changing the data to my wireless networks, yet properly broadcasting my networks?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Correct Networks broadcast but Router page only shows Netgear wireless networks

Hi wpc09, 

You may need to perform a factory reset on the router and run though the setup assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
wpc09
Aspirant

Re: Correct Networks broadcast but Router page only shows Netgear wireless networks

Interestingly enough, I did not have to reset the router - which involves a bit of work to put everything back into the state before reset. Instead, after several days of trying to rename the networks via the router login and from my phone app, rebooting, and the like, the router simply let me make the change one day from the phone app. I have no idea why. 

I have found the RAX40 router a little buggy since I purchased it. Every couple of days, it will drop connection with one of my devices, then right itself after a while - sometimes on its own, sometimes with a router reboot, sometimes with a reboot of the affected device, sometimes both. My internet connection for download is 172 Mbps and the router should be able to handle the approximately 12-16 devices attached, most of which are low bandwidth. My house is not large, the router is smack dab in the center of the house and has good coverage except for one end of the family room where I have a range extender to ensure a good signal to the TV there. I have no interfering wavelengths that I can discover from other devices nearby. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7