× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Current RAX120 firmware version

pc74
Aspirant

@Crtfdgk wrote:
Although it’s still listed in the downloads page, the Nighthawk iOS app has stopped prompting me to install the 1.2.0.16 firmware (as I’m currently still on 1.0.2.136). The firmware update checker web UI has also stopped indicating 1.2.0.16 is available. Can anyone still on an older firmware verify if this is the case for them as well? Makes me wonder if this latest update has been pulled from the auto-update channels.

I'm also on 1.0.2.136 and not getting the prompt to upgrade anymore.

Message 126 of 138
mondenath
Prodigy

Can any one confirm if 160Mhz works on ac and ax simultaneously or only ax or ac at a time or limited to ax only.

Message 127 of 138
soeun
Apprentice

I still get prompted for the update. They haven't pulled this firmware and doesn't look like they will. Still waiting for the next one. Don't think i'll be sticking with netgear when my next upgrade comes around. 

Message 128 of 138
Crtfdgk
Star

I checked and I’m now being prompted to update again - seems like it was only temporarily unavailable.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 129 of 138
webder
Star

I'm still in the same situation as you, @Crtfdgk. Unable to make 1.2.0.16 play nicely in any way with wired LAN devices and wireless oddities that cause pages not to load. Best guess would be a misconfig of iptables or perhaps a bug in the version/package they're using, but that's an absolute shot in the dark. I check back weekly for a new version or even a response/acknowledgement from Netgear on the forums, not to mention the dead end of attemtping to raise the issue via support.

Still find it pretty appalling from what is meant to be a top end consumer product. Not having a go at any of the kind people that have offered troubleshooting advice, but factory resets are not going to solve this one for those of us experiencing issues. Hopefully Netgear come through with an update soon, but my opinion of Netgear has beyond regressed at this point.

Message 130 of 138
Deal
Tutor

When you say "dozens" of devices connected, what ballpark are you talking? 24, 60, 96 devices or more?

Message 131 of 138
Deal
Tutor

You don't mention what firmware version you're having trouble with, nor what the troubles are that you are having. That would be helpful to know to see if I have any of those issues. I just got the RAX120 and am just learning of issues, but it's been difficult to tell exactly what the issues folks are seeing. This would help in the process of elimination of what the causes of "strange" events on my network are.

Thanks

David

Message 132 of 138
soeun
Apprentice

New Firmware came out. Mine auto updated last night at 3AM. After update, all my wired connections stopped working. Wireless connections continued to work. Same issue as last firmware with VLAN Tagging and PPPoE.  However, I tinkered around and created a new VLAN Tag group and enabled only the physical ports and same VLAN ID as previous. That did not work when I applied so I deleted the newly created VLAN Tag group and hit applied and all of a sudden all wired connections started working again. Hope this helps with anyone dealing with Centurylink, PPPoE and VLAN Tag requirements. 

Message 133 of 138
webder
Star

@soeun you absolute legend. I've managed to replicate your fix and it's applicable for me too (non Century link, but Aus internet provider with VLAN tag). Not too difficult, but of course you have to apply each time upon creating and deleting the new VLAN tag group, and be prepared for almost everything to break when creating the test VLAN tag group for wired devices only. Nice work mate, saved me a lot of time on further trial and error (or giving up). 

If anyone from Netgear is reading this - your GUI/auto setup of VLAN tagging is broken (even when factory resetting), please look into it or at least acknowledge it for the not insignificant number of people who require it.

Message 134 of 138
soeun
Apprentice

@webder awesome to hear! Still dissapointed about the lack of QA with neargear but I hope this helps the others having issues as well @cadmanp@Crtfdgk@Quigley_Wyatt@gear1978 

Message 135 of 138
gear1978
Tutor

Thank you Soeun, you are the man! Your solution works on mine with the latest fireware V1.2.1.22!! 

Message 136 of 138
Match4208
Aspirant

Would like to know is there have other critical issue of the latest FW 1.2.1.22!
PS I’m using RAX120 with FE 1.2.0.16
Thanks
Message 137 of 138

Finally had some time to try this out - works great! Thanks @soeun for figuring this out and sharing!! 

Message 138 of 138
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7