× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP Not Working AX120

Izumad
Aspirant

DHCP Not Working AX120

Greetings, all.

I have seen previous posts on this forum that discuss how their routers (other models) are having issues with DHCP not working correctly from the router.  I am having the exact issue with a Router I recently bought from Best Buy. The issues started right as the 90 day free service was expiring.  I now have to manually assign IP Addresses for all devices on my network in order to access the internet.  Has there been any feedback or a known solution to fix this issue?  I have updated to the newest version of the firmware and the issue remains.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
dj2819
Apprentice

Re: DHCP Not Working AX120

I have this stupid router and similar issues. Switching to AP mode and using another router as the DHCP server helped and the issue is not isolated to 1-2 devices at a time. I think the issue has to do something with the DHCP lease renewal and the router craps out during the renewal. The devices that aren't on 24/7 have no issues. The devices that are on 24/7 (2x iPhone 11, 7x Homepods) randomly face this issue. The more I look at the logs this doesn't seem to be random but more of related to DHCP leases and NTP time syncs...

Honestly no real solution, still trying to figure out more info. Might just switch to another router to see if the issue lies there before Amazon's return window closes...

Also my other post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX120-DHCP-Issues/td-p/1905625

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7