× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DNS Settings

bstapleton85
Aspirant

DNS Settings

I've been having issues with my RAX40 and was on the phone with tech support. Just walking him through a few of the things I had done I told him I had changed the DNS setting to point to openDNS. He told me this is not recommended. This really blew my mind is this true or is he blowing smoke?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: DNS Settings

Blowing smoke.

Also, did you speak to GearHead support or to some of the scam sites available on the web that offer NETGEAR "support"?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Blowing smoke.

Also, did you speak to GearHead support or to some of the scam sites available on the web that offer NETGEAR "support"?

Message 2 of 4
bstapleton85
Aspirant

I submitted an ticket online through my nighthawk app and got a number to call. I don't recall anyone calling themselves GearHead support.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@bstapleton85 wrote:

I submitted an ticket online through my nighthawk app and got a number to call. I don't recall anyone calling themselves GearHead support.

Unless the scammer capabilities reached a new level, you talked to the formal Netgear support.

GearHead is a support offering by Netgear for providing generic home user computer support for up to three PCs, printers, whatever. It's available in a few regions only.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7