× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Desktop PC won’t connect to RAX 75 5ghz

Fritzscorner321
Aspirant

Desktop PC won’t connect to RAX 75 5ghz

My desktop pc wont connect to the 5 GHZ band of my RAX 75 router. My new pc is using a tp link ax3000 pcie card. Previous pc was using a ubit ax card and wouldnt connect either. Both running intel ax 200 drivers. I can see the SSID for my 5 ghz connection and select it however it will say "checking network requirements" then never really connects and says no internet. No other devices in the house have this issue. 2.4 ghz works fine.

If I change the wifi card settings to 20 mhz channel for 5 ghz it will connect but this defeats the purpose of having wifi 6 does it not?This has been going on for months and its honeslty frustrating. Ive tried different intel drivers and changing settings around on the router and nothing. Getting to the point if its not working soon I will just return the router to Costco and go with a different brand.

Any help? solutions? last ditch efforts?
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Desktop PC won’t connect to RAX 75 5ghz

What driver version is the AX200 on?

Message 2 of 8
Fritzscorner321
Aspirant

For intel ax 200 i am currently running verison:

I have tried previous driver versions already on my previous desktop pc using the ubit wifi 6 card and it didnt work.

For nighthawk router im using verison 2.7.0.27.

Message 3 of 8
Fritzscorner321
Aspirant

Correction...

Nighthawk router is on 1.0.3.102

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Does it connect if AX is disabled on the router? 

Have you factory reset the router and reinstalled it? 

Message 5 of 8
Fritzscorner321
Aspirant

With AX disabled on the router it still does not connect.

Doing a router reset hitting the reset button on the back and going through the setup process did not fix anything either. 

Intel had new drivers for ax200 also I noticed this morning.

Update drivers to 22.10.0.7 and still no internet access on 5ghz network with my desktop.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

It makes me suspicious of the card. I know there was a different device with issues but you don't have that one to test anymore. 

I have an intel AX200 and and AX210 and they both connected. 

The AX200 I got when drivers were still new and it had issues, disabling AX would allow it to connect and there was a pretty quick firmware change and it worked with AX after that. 

Other than the 1 other, all of your other 5ghz devices work? 

Message 7 of 8
Fritzscorner321
Aspirant

Just took my xfinity wifi modem/router out of bridge mode and tested that 5ghz connection and it works perfect with ax connection also. Think im going to return the netgear router back to costco look into a different one. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7