× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device Priority Nighthawk RAX200 AX11000

joe_wht
Luminary

Device Priority Nighthawk RAX200 AX11000

-- DANG -- I "THOUGHT" I had posted this SEVERAL DAYS AGO !  I've been checking back(looking at the notification bell thingy) for an answer 3 to 4 times a day...  NOW, I open my profile to find it under "DRAFTS".. ARGGG

I JUST installed my RAX200 / 11000 last night.

In Nighthawks old routers you could set Device Priority (High Med Low) in the "Connected Devices"

but it's not in this new router ??  Where can I do this?

I have Security Cams close to the router and FARTHER away.

I like to set these  HIGH and everything else low..

Plus 2.4 for my far away cams and 5ghz for my closer.

How does Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA),

and Quality of Service (QoS)

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Device Priority Nighthawk RAX200 AX11000

I think you need Advanced QoS to set device priority. Adaptive QoS doesn't do that. I don't know which QoS they ship with the RAX200

OFDMA is not fully supported yet, neither on BCM or QCA devices. There's partial upload support on QCA ones like the RAX120 but they won't see full support as it needs newer hardware. NG might release a v2 of the RAX120. The RAX200 is BCM based which is even worse than QCA as BCM is behind it atm.

Which is better? QCA, of course. It has dedicated network offload processors in its SoC as opposed to relying on CTF like BCM does, and CTF is not compatible with anything that needs to inspect packets first so it gets disabled.

Message 2 of 5
joe_wht
Luminary

Another thing that's. Ticking Me Off..  in the Attached Devices page.. on EVERY router I've owned (mostly Netgear)

I could EDIT each item, NAME IT, ig: "Bedroom Bose Radio", then of course I could set it's priority.

"Access Control"  on this RAX200 does not work AT ALL.  All the boxes nor buttons do not work, like it's just a flat word page.

Message 3 of 5
joe_wht
Luminary

Correction...  I did not type enough on my Dec 6th 2019  Reply..

On the "Attached Devices" page.. I'll  RENAME Every Device from his crazy numbered name.. and NONE -0- of it saves !!

I even went to the "Access Control" "Added", Renamed, and "Applied" .. logged out and logged back in and

NONE ... ZERO ... -0- ... of it saved..  LOT of wasted time !!

Message 4 of 5
microchip8
Master

This is what you get when beta testing firmware that isn't fully ready yet. A lot of people rush and buy these very new devices only to come back and complain that they have issues. Of course they do since they're not fully mature. It's almost never a good thing to buy the latest and greatest and think that everything works as expected. WiFi 6 devices are not fully baked and the current ones don't implement everything of the standard. Not only NG has issues on WiFi 6 devices but other brands like ASUS and TP-Link have their share too.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7