× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disconnection of WiFi

mathewhayden
Follower

Disconnection of WiFi

Good day,...

I have bought a NETGEAR NightHawk AX4200 AX5 5-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX43) modem... Initially it was working fine with no internet issue... But after few weeks the Wi-Fi drops off and connections automatically switches to a new SSID called BernieAx50....
I did some research and found it is a common fault and "Bernie" Is a manufacturers name of WiFi connection.
So I factory reset and again things started working, again after 2 days I faced same issue Wi-Fi gone and got replaced with the same SSID Bernie. I am not sure what is the problem and how I can prevent it....

Message 1 of 4

Re: Disconnection of WiFi

@mathewhayden wrote:

But after few weeks the Wi-Fi drops off and connections automatically switches to a new SSID called BernieAx50....

You are not alone. But the place place to ask for help is in the section given over to your device, the RAX43. (This zone is for Nighthawk WiFi Routers.)

That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

And try these messages:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – bernie

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would update to the latest firmware it should have a fix for the Bernie issue. https://kb.netgear.com/000064319/RAX48-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-100

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7