× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Do I need a RAX12?

dmystic1
Apprentice

Do I need a RAX12?

So I just bought a RAX8, is it worth it to get a RAX12 thru the beta program (making monthly payments)?

Message 1 of 7
myersw
Master

Re: Do I need a RAX12?

Question is why do you think you need it,

What is the RAX8 not offering that the RAX12 does that IMPORTANT you need.

Message 2 of 7
IrvSp
Master

Message 3 of 7
dmystic1
Apprentice

I just want to know if the RAX120 has a major advantage over the RAX80.  I don't need it, I already own the later.

Message 4 of 7

@dmystic1 wrote:

I just want to know if the RAX120 has a major advantage over the RAX80.  I don't need it, I already own the later.

Do you have any problems with your current system that you want to fix?

Message 5 of 7
microchip8
Master

you'd be beta testing. These devices are based on draft and have quite a few bugs in their firmware I suspect. Non to mention the price for them and (virtually) no AX clients either. "Future Proof" is a strange thing. If your RAX80 is doing well and you have no bottlenecks, I suspect you need to have the RAX120 because of "oh, shiny, faster and newer (and based on Qualcomm than **bleep**ty Broadcom :P)"

Message 6 of 7
myersw
Master

Ah yes the shinny penny syndrome. You can always chase the rainbows for that pot of gold. 

There is always going to be something bigger, faster, better then what you currently have. In this case the standard is not even finalized and are there any client support? Not much. 

Real question is why do you think you need it? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7