× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Do I need open OFDMA feature of RAX70 router

Do I need open OFDMA feature of RAX70 router

I found the OFDMA feture check box of wifi setting function for 2.4G and 5G band, but those are normally don't selected, what's the function of this feature, and what time or situation I should open it? Dose this feature will enhanced connect speed and stability?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@雪夜星辰 wrote:

Wow, that's too  complicated for a green hand user to understanding, I have open the OFDMA feature for my 5G channels, will  see if will improve a little to reduce the delay.

the full article is a little complex. But it basically boils down to it might have some improvements but its not a game changer. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

there's a ton of info on ofdma. so much so that this site did a 2 part feature on it. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33222-does-ofdma-really-work-part-1

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33223-does-ofdma-really-work-part-2

I'd recommend at least reading the conclusion to the article. 

Message 2 of 5

Wow, that's too  complicated for a green hand user to understanding, I have open the OFDMA feature for my 5G channels, will  see if will improve a little to reduce the delay.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@雪夜星辰 wrote:

the full article is a little complex. But it basically boils down to it might have some improvements but its not a game changer. 

Message 4 of 5

agree, OFDMA will improve response time among multiple device, but don't rely on it too change your network speed even more internet connecting speed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7