× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does the RAX120 support AirPrint?

Teamdre84
Tutor

Does the RAX120 support AirPrint?

Hello Community,

I’m getting ready to upgrade my wireless router from an Apple AirPort Extreme to possibly a RAX120. My current modem and router are located in the living room physically connected to my PS4 and streaming device, however my printer is located in the another room. Does the RAX120 support AirPrint (wireless printing)? Looking at some of the threads it sounds like my printer would have to be physically attached to my router in order to wirelessly print. Am i misunderstanding the current features of this device?

Thanks

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
avtella
Prodigy

It should work fine. My iOS devices can print from my Epson WF4730 which is wirelessly connected to the RAX120.
Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

As long as your network (wireless Wi-Fi or Ethernet LAN) connected printer is reachable, and does support AirPrint, there should be nothing stopping you.

The confusion is coming from the USB Printer Sharing feature which is not available currently on the Wi-Fi 6 RAX router models: You can not connect a random USB printer [the USB sharing isn't in place] not supporting AirPrint natively and make it AirPrint capable using the Windows or MacOS desktop Genie.

Message 3 of 4
Teamdre84
Tutor

Thanks for the support,

I was able to setup my new RAX120 this morning and am happy to confirm that AirPrint works perfectly.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7