× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Release schedule

cnvincbl1
Follower

Firmware Release schedule

I am interested in know what schedule are firmwares released.  When will the next release be available for the RAX120.  I updated the RAX80 which I had before the RAX120, and replaced the router at my mother's.  I could connect my laptop with an Intel AX200 at 2.4Gbps.  Yet, when I connect to the RAX120 at home on the same laptop at only 1.2Gbps.  Either there are extreme differences in the hardware or some really crazy bugs in the firmware.

THiA, 

c.nvincbl1

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

@cnvincbl1 wrote:

I am interested in know what schedule are firmwares released.  When will the next release be available for the RAX120. 

Usually when there is a problem.

There is no point in updates for the sake of it.

They usually happen after a scary security threat hits the headlines.

Message 2 of 3
avtella
Prodigy

I have multiple laptops with the AX200, they connect at HT160 link rates, and more importantly than the link rates they get about 1,200-1400 Mbps in real world transfers on LAN and 1.15-1.2 GBPs on WAN transfers.

I wonder if you are using the upper 5Ghz channels that don’t have HT160 support. For any router it’s best to use the lower channel numbers for HT160.
The middle channels ie 100-120 area is not as good as the 36-54 area either regardless of model.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7