× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update : GUI Language Invalid

Elvis13
Tutor

Firmware Update : GUI Language Invalid

Hello,

I own a Nighthawk RAX45  router where I am trying to update the firmware version: 

Current Firmware Version1.0.2.82
New Firmware Version1.0.4.100

However, whenever I try to update on a direct connection using my PC, I get the below mesage and am redirected back to the Internet set up tab:  

"GUI language file is invalid"

How should I proceed?  

Thanks,

Elvis13

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware Update : GUI Language Invalid

Tried a factory reset and setup from scratch then go right in and try to manually update FW?

What happens if you try installing 1st FW version on the router then reset and setup from scratch and walk thru the set up wizard? 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

If the router is working, i'd leave it. 

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 16
GigiS
Aspirant

Hi Elvis13, I am having the same problem.  Were you ever able to correct it?

Message 3 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

What browser are you using? 

Tried a factory reset and setup from scratch then go right in and try to manually update FW? I would use MS Edge or Firefox.

@GigiS wrote:

Hi Elvis13, I am having the same problem.  Were you ever able to correct it?

Message 4 of 16
Elvis13
Tutor

Furry,

Thanks for responding.  I'll try re-posting on the other forum as you suggested.

Elvis13

Message 5 of 16
Elvis13
Tutor

Gigi,

No solution yet, but I have tried using MS Edge and Chrome.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Tried a factory reset and setup from scratch then go right in and try to manually update FW?

What happens if you try installing 1st FW version on the router then reset and setup from scratch and walk thru the set up wizard? 

Message 7 of 16
Elvis13
Tutor

Hi Furry,

I did exactly as you suggested and did a factory reset.  Once this was completed, I was able to manually update the firmware.  As this update is critical due to recent hackng, it was vital to get completed.    Thanks for your guidance.  

Happy Hoidays to you!

Elvis13 

Message 8 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

Message 9 of 16
GigiS
Aspirant

I did a factory reset to resolve the issue. The upgrade is finally done

Message 10 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy.

@GigiS wrote:

I did a factory reset to resolve the issue. The upgrade is finally done

Message 11 of 16
JDT2
Aspirant

From all the forum posts, this appears to be a problem that developed in the last few years and became more widespread in the last year. There are seven requests for help on this error in the last year. This would seem to confirm that the problem is a problem at Netgear. From the error, it looks like the updater is corrupted. It's much as if a Windows or Mac OS X update was corrupted. Netgear itself has to fix the updater. However, tech support wants to charge for support to address it. There are a handful of suggestions (none apply in my case) but you're welcome to try them:

Message 12 of 16
WayneButscher
Initiate

I had the same problem with the GUI language. I just went to the support page and downloaded the firmware Zip file. Then unzipped it to a folder on my desktop (in my case it was RAX50-V1.0.5.106_2.0.70.chk). Then went back into Administration Area and Firmware update and clicked Browse and directed it to the location of the update (RAX50-V1.0.5.106_2.0.70.chk).

Wayne

@Elvis13 wrote:

Hello,

I own a Nighthawk RAX45  router where I am trying to update the firmware version: 

Current Firmware Version1.0.2.82
New Firmware Version1.0.4.100

However, whenever I try to update on a direct connection using my PC, I get the below mesage and am redirected back to the Internet set up tab:  

"GUI language file is invalid"

How should I proceed?  

Thanks,

Elvis13

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 14 of 16
pbharrison
Tutor

Downloading, extracting the zip file, and then applying that to do the upgrade worked for me.

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Enjoy. 📡

@pbharrison wrote:

Downloading, extracting the zip file, and then applying that to do the upgrade worked for me.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7