× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update 1.0.2.98 bad news

JohnDiV
Star

Firmware update 1.0.2.98 bad news

The new firmware 1.0.2.98 update has problems including the never ending IPV6 issue.  Drops IPV6 and constantly have to perform auto detect to get it back. Chronic issue.  Same as previous firmware update.  The last one that worked was firmware update 1.0.2.8.  Rolled back to firmware update 1.0.2.8 again!!!!!  What is wrong with Netgear??????? Also I see some NAT issues posted. Need to do better Quality Control on your firmware updates and fix existing problems that go back into late May.  I guess you want to loss customers to ASUS, TP ect..

Christian let them know they are doing a deserves to their customer. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JohnDiV - Thanks for looping me in. I've responded to your private message.

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
Nmouneimne
Apprentice

I also had issues with the latest firmware and had to rollback.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenDa
Tutor

Does anyone know if there is a support ticket on this? Need IPv6 for optimal remote work scenarios and this is frankly unacceptable (as are all of the problems that I have had since purchasing a RAX200).

Message 4 of 7
JohnDiV
Star

Hi,

They are aware of it since before July.  They had sent me a beta version that was never posted, version 1.0.2.92 beta.  However it worked but had problems and I reported it. I lost the the Lan and Wan addresses on the router a couple of times.  I rolled back to 1.0.2.8 version which was the last version that worked with IPV6.  So they do know and do read the community. I called them my self and they were aware of the IPV6 issue.  That is all I can tell you.  Since then I purchased an Asus GT-AX11000 Router.  Great router and no firmware issues that I found yet. IPV6 worked as it should.  There is nothing new about that protocol. Always was a Netgear supporter  but no more.  RAX200 is being used now as an Access Point.   

Message 5 of 7
Synomenon
Star

NTP settings aren't sticking either.

Message 6 of 7
Coreyzbz
Tutor

After I updated my RAX80’s firmware(v1.0.3.98_1.0.46), my router keeps losing connection to network, and my device manager shows old device which is disconnected with router. I tried to reserve my IP address and DNS. But it doesn’t work. Never faced those problems before updating. We paid much for it, but experience is too bad.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7