× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware upgraded to 1.0.4.100_2.0.64 & Remote Management (or Web Services Management) shows nothing

cestmoijay
Aspirant

Firmware upgraded to 1.0.4.100_2.0.64 & Remote Management (or Web Services Management) shows nothing

Hello

I just upgraded my AX4300 (RAX45) from 1.0.2.82_2.0.50 to 1.0.4.100_2.0.64 and when I navigated to Web Services Management section to see if it's enabled or not, and lo and behehold, I can only see "Always Use HTTPS to Access Router"... nothing else!

This new firmware has a bug or is it my browser? This is occuring on both Chrome and Firefox and Microsoft's Edge all on latest versions.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Firmware upgraded to 1.0.4.100_2.0.64 & Remote Management (or Web Services Management) shows

@cestmoijay wrote:

I can only see "Always Use HTTPS to Access Router"... nothing else!

Have you tried disabling that?

Netgear has been messing around with these things, pushed partly by people who insist that "http" access is dangerous. (It isn't really when you are on a local network.) I turned it on for a bit and things started to go wrong.

Netgear has also been changing various cloud services. Sometimes it presents this as a security issue, but it can also be down to changes at the supplier end. For example, it has killed free parental controls.

These changes usually get mentioned in the release notes for new firmware.

Remote management still works here in the R7800.

If it is important to you, then try rolling back to earlier firmware to see if that works.

You are not the first person to ask about this.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Remote Management

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7