× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GF fiber jack directly to RAX120 skipping GF network box

chichuen
Aspirant

GF fiber jack directly to RAX120 skipping GF network box

After unsuccessful attempt to connect ORBI RBD852 to my 2.4 Ghz devices, eventually returned, bought RAX120 thinking this would resolve my issue of connecting more wifi devices to the router as GF network box is pathetically incapable of connecting more than 12 devices (i was told by their Tech).  But had speed issues - Ookla and fast.com spped shows 120 to 200 Mbps tested on galaxy S10+ very near the router whereas GF network box gives 350 to 500)and NG support identified defective router and i replaced the same twice - now I am working on the third.  during this process, NG support stated that if both GF network box and RAX120 are in the same network, the speed of RAX120 will never improve.  Talked to GF support - one rep stated that GF network box can be skipped.  I have been trying with the NG support to connect the GF fiber jack (white box) directly to RAX120 but the internet is not getting recognized.  NG support tried with specific ip, DNS and MAC but did not work.  if this is the case, i need to return this product as well.  Anybody has connected GF fiber jack to RAX120 skipping the GF network black box, please advise.  Probably, RAX120 is not compatible with GF fiber jack and if true, any other ax router is compatible.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chichuen,

Welcome to the community! I would recommend that you continue to work with our Support Team regarding your issue. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
chichuen
Aspirant

Thanks Christian.

i am eager to get this issue resolved and last i head from NG support that they will revert if RAX120 is compatible with GF and if not, what are the alternate ax routers that will be compatible.  I am waiting their revert for the past two days.  Probably I am running against time as I have next 10 days' window for product return though I would like to get the issue resolved than return the product

If any other user has done it, please let me know how it is/it is not.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
chichuen
Aspirant

No solution.  Google does not allow IP passthrough and Netgear experts do not have a solution.  Hence, contracted with ATT Fiber which allows IP passthrough and going to disconnect Google Fiber.  ATT Fiber looks like working fine wiht RAX120 with passthrough and changing the private IPs of ATT router - so far so good.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7