× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GOT AN EMAIL FROM NETGEAR ABOUT VERIFYING MY EMAIL...

pinkbeat
Aspirant

GOT AN EMAIL FROM NETGEAR ABOUT VERIFYING MY EMAIL...

Trying to figure out if this is an authentic email from Netgear. It has some numbers after the post in my email but I don't have any idea where I'm supposed to put them. Usually there is a link in the email to click to verify email. The email from address is noreply@pingidentity.com. This is the third one I have gotten. 

Hello

To complete authentication for your NETGEAR account, you must verify the email address that you used to start authentication process.

Sincerely,

- The NETGEAR Team

If you did not make this request, you can disregard this email.

Note: This is an automated message from an unmonitored account; do not reply to this message.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
pinkbeat
Aspirant

This got ommitted from the post somehow but it also had this and some numbers. 

Please use the following one-time password to finish authentication:

Message 2 of 4

@pinkbeat wrote:

Trying to figure out if this is an authentic email from Netgear. It has some numbers after the post in my email but I don't have any idea where I'm supposed to put them. Usually there is a link in the email to click to verify email. The email from address is noreply@pingidentity.com.

What does the email header say about the source?

That one looks dodgy.

We usually see reports here of mass mailings from Netgear, seeking authentication help.

If you haven't sent a request of any sort – seeking an password change here for example  – it looks like one of those phishing expeditions.

Message 3 of 4
pinkbeat
Aspirant

Sorry for the long wait on responding, just have a lot going on. I just ignored it. I wasn't sure if it had to do something with the problems I was having getting ReadyCloud to work and the two different emails I tried setting up for it to get it to work. Regardles, I ignored it and everything is working fine still so, I don't know. Didn't know where to put the code that was in it anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7