× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting "It's wrong operation" Error when port forwarding on RAX35

DJSammit
Aspirant

Getting "It's wrong operation" Error when port forwarding on RAX35

I chose the model as RAX40 because the filter can't find my actual router number which is RAX35 (My issue aside, this is a little concerning that the Netgear forums can't find my router?)

Anyways my actual issue is that when I try to add port forwarding options to any port on any internal IP it takes me to a page that says

"Failure

It's wrong operation!

This screen will automatically return to the previous screen in a few seconds..."

I have updated to the latest firmware. I have attempted to factory restore the router and get the same issue. I have restarted the router multiple times via the physical switch on the router itself and via the software.

Looking at the logs it just says:

"[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.4] to MAC address [****], Sun,Dec 01,2019 03:17:03"

Any help on this?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Getting "It's wrong operation" Error when port forwarding on RAX35

Hi DJSammit, 

Would you mind providing the web browser you're using and if you can try another web browser and let me know if the issue persists. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 4
DJSammit
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I should've thought of this.... Although I was just using port forwarding on a different netgear router on the same computer with the same browser and had no issues. I'm confused why that would cause an error on only the port forwarding settings but none of the other ones.

Anyway, I was using Chrome (which still does not work) but when I switched to Edge I was able to update with the proper settings. 

Thanks again,

Sam

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for the update and glad you got it working! 

Have a good day!

Christian

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7