× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Guest vs. Primary Wireless

gblss
Aspirant

Guest vs. Primary Wireless

Hello, 

I have the above mentioned router set up with wired and wireless connections. New router current firmware. I have an microsoft surface on windows 10 that connects and works fine using the 5g guest connect. When I simply change the wireless network connection on the surface to the primary 5g wirless connection, I lose connection to the device from other computer on the same network.  Guest network 5g - pings and works fine.  Pirmary wireless 5g network no - ping no work. No other changes are made to any device or software.  What could be causing this?  Thanks in advance.  

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
gblss
Aspirant

Is anyone going to reply on this. Brand new router no help? 

Message 3 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

What bandwidth are you using on the 5Ghz channel?

Message 4 of 5
gblss
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

I am using channel 153 and mode up to 4803 Mbps 80MHz (11ax, HT80, 1024-qam). Attached is a screen shot of this setup.

I hope this answers yor question.

Thank you again for your reply.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7