× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HDD not showing

JKonman
Aspirant

HDD not showing

Have a Seagate 10tb hdd hooked upto my router I have readycloud setup and installed but the HDD isnt showing and I've tried the readycloud app on my phone and on windows and no use I have all the latest firmware and have checked all the settings and checked the forums for help and what i have found still wont show up.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Re: HDD not showing

Common problem are existing file systems on external USB storage devices. On larger capacity, a common default is exFAT these days - but that won't be recognized on the Netgear routers.

Re-format e.g. to NTFS while connected to a PC.

Message 2 of 8
JKonman
Aspirant

File System is already NTFS whats adding to it may be my readycloud isnt connecting to my rounter it keeps saying that it's offline when i try to connect with it.

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@JKonman wrote:

I have readycloud setup and installed but the HDD isnt showing and I've tried the readycloud app on my phone and on windows and no use

Start with the router Web interface and check the Advanced -> ReadyShare -> Advanced Settings  if the default share is created, and the used and free space on the storage device is shown. 

Message 4 of 8
JKonman
Aspirant

Nothing is showing no free space or used space is showing.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

So the device is not recognized and mounted. Have telnet or SSH access to your router?

Message 6 of 8
JKonman
Aspirant

None of my drive show I have the 10tb seagate and a 1tb from samsung and neither are showing have all the latest firmwareso not sure what I'm missing Ive been able to add them and trusted so the router can see them but the readycloud dosent and I have the file formats as NTFS and even tried exfat still nothing.

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

As long as these drives don't show up with the default shared folders and the used/free capacity ... somehting broked. Waste of time trying anything else before. Can't help ... Netgear please @Christian_R 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7