× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help - Slow Wifi AX8 and X6S

Sectornine
Aspirant

Help - Slow Wifi AX8 and X6S

I have Spectrum 200mb. I started with Orbi and Google wifi; both generated speeds well in excess of 200mb, however the disconnects were not tolerable. Picked up the X6S and connection stable, but cant get above 100mb. Picked up the AX8 and same thing, stable connection, but cant get speeds above 100mb (speed test app). QoS and traffic meter are disabled and beam forming is enabled. This is driving me insane. What am I missing?
Message 1 of 4

Re: Help - Slow Wifi AX8 and X6S

I assume that your "AX8" is really the Netgear Model RAX80.

Your subject says slow wifi, but the text does not tell us if these 100 Mbps speeds are wired or wifi.

If wifi, maybe that's as fast as you wifi clients can go. Did that deliver superior speeds elsewhere?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 4
Sectornine
Aspirant

1) Yes, RAX80
2) Yes, over wifi.
3) I dont think its client limitation as the Orbi and Google Wifi were pulling on excess of 200mb down over wifi, only change was the router
4) Firmware is V1.0.1.40_1.0.22

Appreciate any insight; let me know what other info is needed.
Message 3 of 4
duckware
Prodigy

What is the PHY speed between your device and the router.  Than take 50% of that for 'expected' speeds at the application level.  duckware.com/wifi#wifispeeds explains why.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7